May 8, 2006

Happy Monday...

What's on your mind...Karl?

Rove's Time in Limbo Near End in CIA Leak Case
Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald is wrapping up his investigation into White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove's role in the CIA leak case by weighing this central question:

Did Rove, who was deeply involved in defending President Bush's use of prewar intelligence about Iraq, lie about a key conversation with a reporter that was aimed at rebutting a tough White House critic?

Fitzgerald, according to sources close to the case, is reviewing testimony from Rove's five appearances before the grand jury. Bush's top political strategist has argued that he never intentionally misled the grand jury about his role in leaking information about undercover CIA officer Valerie Plame to Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper in July 2003. Rove testified that he simply forgot about the conversation when he failed to disclose it to Fitzgerald in his earlier testimony.

Fitzgerald is weighing Rove's foggy-memory (Gilligan) defense against evidence he has acquired over nearly 2 1/2 years that shows Rove was very involved in White House efforts to beat back allegations that Bush twisted U.S. intelligence to justify the Iraq war, according to sources involved in the case. [continued]

I had to drink a vente latte with a Red Bull chaser after reading this article. As of late, the Washington Post so often disappoints me by regurgitating the obvious...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyme disease fraud and the fact that our US Attorney is a Rowlandgator and I am still being harassed by the entities I named in the RICO complaint of July 2003
http://actionlyme.org/USDOJ_COMPLAINT_RICO.htm

I'm having quite a little bitchamathon for myself thanks, but I also have poison ivy, so that adds to the CrabbyAss factor.

You?

Oh, and the treason situation with outing Plame and 9/11-thermite. That's on my mind, too, since the State of CT invented for me that I am a Unibomber terrorist, and I had to plead guilty to that.

Of all the nerve, calling ME a bomber terrorist.
Kathleen

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, What's on your mind, KARL.
Well I read that he's concerned about the next elections. You know, the country never crosses his "mind."

Think that could be a new DSM entry?
Republican Personality Disorder= the condition where the elected representatives confuse the word capital with the word Capitol. Usually accompanied by an uncontrollable urge to remove one's drawers in the presense of others who are not their spouses, and so on.

Kathleen

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new photo for the Flygirls:

http://www.firedoglake.com/2006/05/08/and-more-to-be-revealed/

8:24 AM  
Blogger The Astral Technician said...

Don't you mean "regurgitating the OBLIVIOUS?"

Not only do these folks not read this blog, they obviously don't read FDL.

8:45 AM  
Blogger airJackie said...

My little angel is really a homeboy too. Your so cute in the skull cap. I bowl gutter balls so don't ask me to go bowling. I cheated once I went half way up the lane then I got most of the pins down. You make me laugh what other surprises to you have that I don't know about.
As for Washing Post they have to do something since they don't have the famous cry baby Woodward to write another White House crme spree. Oh yes I will download the bowling picture too. I still remember the clock and flavor flav.

10:54 AM  
Blogger SP Biloxi said...

Here we go again. Another graft idiot uses the Gilligan's defense: Porkrind!!!! What a way to start on Monday... Porkrind and the little soldier has played that last fiddle in this case that quite frankly, I am really bored to tears with both of their antics..

11:00 AM  
Blogger Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

I think it's time to pay the piper!
Let the chips fall where they may!

Make it a memorable week Fitz! :)

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

White House strategic guru without

a memory..
his guilt runneth over...

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor, poor Karl---after all he's done for W. and the GOP, who will step up with the "Save the Porker" defense fund?

12:03 PM  
Blogger SP Biloxi said...

No one will save Porkrind. Porkrind simply fried... And all the nickels and dimes into the "Save the Porker" defense fund won't help him.... And the comment about the Washington Post.. Well, Washington Post joins Faux News as "fair and balanced."

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home