Apr 3, 2006

Most Honest Quote Of The Week...

From the April 2 edition of Meet the Press:

MR. RUSSERT: Do you believe the American media is distorting the news from Iraq, or presenting an accurate picture?

GEN. ZINNI: "Well, I think the American media's being made a scapegoat for what's going on out there. At last count, I think something like 80 journalists have been killed in Iraq. It's hard to get outside the green zone and not risk your life, or risk kidnapping, at a minimum, to get the story. And it's hard to blame the media for no good stories when the security situation is such that they can't even go out and get the good stories without risking their lives. And you have to remember that it's hard to dwell on the good things when the bad things are so overwhelmingly traumatic and catastrophic, you know? So I think that's an unfair blame that's put on the media. I think that there probably are good things at the lower level, but are they balanced out by the bad things that are happening? All the good things happening out there will mean nothing if the unity government doesn't come together."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GMNUK- I'm wondering the same thing...

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well whadda ya expect from jarhead brass?

11:12 AM  
Blogger SP Biloxi said...

And Gen. Zinni is right on the money! That's an excellent quote at the end. The unity of the government needs to come together in Iraq as well as in this country. You can see how divided this country, Iraq, and other international countries. And it is truly a shame. I just hope that our country can find the unity that is desperately needed....

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen grandmanuk..Just heard a very sad story from Mom who's son is in Iraq..about a young soldier just 19 who went over to the green zone into a quiet room and killed himself..it may be volunteer but they keep sending them back in a revolving door war-on the -cheap..if you ask me it's a war with soldiers who in reality will be used up...

12:05 PM  
Blogger airJackie said...

I saw Gen. Zinni on Tim Russert show. I spoke to a military young lady and asked what she thought of the comment. She said no one listens to Connie because she doesn't know what she's talking about. Even Gen. Zinni said her statement was covering up the mistakes of the Administration yet blaming them on the troops. He suggested that Rummy be fired. All this new information coming out as our troops are dying for lies told to them by Bush/Cheney/Rummy. Oh Grandmanuk Peaches is ok she called me. (smile) She knows I'm a nervious all the time until she lets me know she's safe.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

former fed:

Did you say you were in Arizona in a previous post? I am also in AZ. I think I may know you but not sure. Are you female or male? With that answer it will help me determine if I may know you. :)

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This type of corruption is filling the baskets boys and girls, go indict em all Fitz its time to stop World War 3!!!!!!

:-D

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy Franks is an Bush Asskisser and a drunk!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home