Apr 22, 2006

Citizen John..!

raising cane and staying relevant.
Demand that Special Prosecutor Fitzgerald be empowered to investigate the President’s role in manipulating intelligence on Iraq
"Now that the White House has acknowledged that it was President Bush who ordered the selective leaking of classified intelligence in order to justify his invasion of Iraq, will he be held accountable for what he has said and done?
Please join me in demanding that Attorney General Gonzales expand the special prosecutor's mandate on the CIA leak investigation to include whether the President engaged in wrongdoing with regard to the disclosure of sensitive and largely discredited intelligence to the media."

Dear Attorney General Gonzales:

President Bush initially told the American people that he did not know of anyone in his administration who leaked CIA secrets to the media in an attempt to justify the invasion of Iraq and discredit those who raised legitimate questions. Now, confronted with new court evidence, the White House has admitted that it was President Bush himself who authorized the disclosures. Clearly, the President has no intention of coming clean and telling us the truth about the use of classified intelligence for political gain.

Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has a mandate to find out who blew the cover of a CIA agent in order to punish her husband for telling the truth about Saddam Hussein’s nuclear ambitions. But the new evidence has made it clear that this scandal goes far beyond that incident, and may even include the President’s own words and actions.

Mr. Fitzgerald has famously said: “The truth is the engine of our judicial system. If you compromise the truth, the whole process is lost.” For too long, there has been too much compromising and not enough truth from this White House. It’s time for those responsible to be held accountable. I urge you to extend Mr. Fitzgerald’s charter to include the behavior of the President in this disgraceful affair.

Signed by,
[your name]

Good luck, John - you'll need it! AG Gonzales is a busy man hard at work keeping America lawful and safe, but anything is worth a shot! And if you are feeling real lucky, please insert a line inquiring about my request for a raise and/or being paid by the hour? Thanks. ;)

20 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Im sorry Mr. Fitzgerald... But If there is one person on earth that could possibly dispell fear with his very presence more than you, it is John Edwards.

God I adore that man.

Poets heart, Winter soul, in the skin of the sunshine patriot.

Oh, my.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Edwards would make a good VP candidate for Fitz. Can he deliver North Carolina and the Southern vote?

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Edwards was my choice in the last election and my mind hasn't changed.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

John Edwards is NO ONES second.

We need a fighter, he IS a fighter. Unchain him and he will rule the world.

ONLY he can sweep the deep south. ONLY he.

But you can not take, what you refuse to touch.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,

John Edwards is a fine fine man, but you are new here so click on this link to see where some of us on here stand -

http://patrickjfitzgerald.blogspot.com/2006/04/my-email-is-always-full-of-surprises.html

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would gizzle mah rizzay arm fo` a Fitz/Edwards ticket.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

http://patrickjfitzgerald.blogspot.com/2006/04/my-email-is-always-full-of-surprises.html


Just out of curiosity...

How do you believe that looks...?

For a man who is prosecuting the current presidents administration to be held up as the next president?

I prefer Mr. Fitzgerald neutral, the presidency itself is beneath him.


Now, I understand his appeal. But the practicality of it is just ill fitting.

12:11 PM  
Blogger teak said...

I signed last night from the link on FDL.

You deserve a raise, that is for sure.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Oh and did I mention every single republican I know in Louisiana would vote for John Edwards...?

But, shhhh, either it is a secret, or a taboo.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think it looks great, but maybe we better run it past the DLC first, OK? And Wes CLark is not bad either.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://patrickjfitzgerald.blogspot.com/2005/11/me-4-president.html

12:27 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I know you want him to be president and I know every man wants to be president.

However, you are overlooking the obvious.

Either Fitzgerald is prosecuting the currents presidents men as criminals, or he is playing a twisted game of political brinksmanship.

It can not be both.

If I think Mr. Fitzgerald is running for president, why should I believe anything he says about the current administration?


I am very familiar w ith recent events, but you are talking about the relm of public perception and conflict in even the most loyal soul.

You will never be able to get past it.

Either he is the one freeing the slaves from mad men, or he is more worried about becoming the new slave master. There is no middle ground.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try decaff ;)

1:16 PM  
Blogger airJackie said...

Ok Fitz I signed but now to your salary. Yes you are underpaid and overworked but what does a Proscutor make with as much work as you have. I have no idea what the salaries are in the DOJ. Now to help you out you should be asking for the TRUTH that would help you spend less time spinning the wheels to get the answers. Personnelly I think you should be our Attorney General because you know what Proscutors can get the job done.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Anon...

The next time you press an argument, then run out of room...

Try not to say something like 'drink decaff', because honestly, to someone who does not drink coffee in any form, its kinda lame.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John does take care of business...and he supports the most important work in the world right now..Patrictick Fitzgerald's work..I know that both will be a part of the historic restoration of this nation ...I will support whatever they do ...
Let's Roll

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick..

6:07 PM  
Blogger SP Biloxi said...

Fitz,

I just checked my email and I did get an email from John Edwards about this petition. I have been on Edwards' distribution list since his wife, Elizabeth, announced that she had breast cancer. I had put my name the petition. But, I always asked Edwards, Kerry, and Dean to have you to investigate. I am glad that they are now putting the petal to the medal to step up to the plate. Feingold cannot be the lone ranger to fight this battle against the Gerbil! It takes one dream, one team, and one goal: REMOVE THE GERBIL!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

I signed and passed it on to several other folks that will be glad to sign too!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very glad that Edwards is getting involved in the matter. I wish all the Dems would unite and demand for an expansion of the present investigation. Edwards, has my vote and I will campaign for him come 2008. Has anyone seen all the work he is doing to try and strengthen the unions?

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home