Nov 9, 2005

Did I Do That..?

Following is a memorandum from Bill Keller, the executive editor of The Times, sent to his staff today at 3:30 p.m. Eastern time.

To the Staff:

Judy Miller has retired from The New York Times effective today.

In her 28 years at The Times, Judy participated in some great, prize-winning journalism. She displayed fierce determination and personal courage both in pursuit of the news and in resisting assaults on the freedom of news organizations to report. We wish her well in the next phase of her career.

Bill

P.S. Judy asked that I share with you a letter I sent regarding my recent memo to the staff. It is attached, and speaks for itself.



Dear Judy,

I know you’ve been distressed by the memo I sent to the staff about things I wish I’d done differently in the course of this ordeal. Let me be clear on two points you’ve raised.

First, you are upset with me that I used the words “entanglement” and “engagement” in reference to your relationship with Scooter Libby. Those words were not intended to suggest an improper relationship. I was referring only to the series of interviews through which you ­ and the paper ­ became caught up in an epic legal controversy.

Second, you dispute my assertion that “Judy seems to have misled” Phil Taubman when he asked whether you were one of the reporters to whom the White House reached out with the Wilson story. I continue to be troubled by that episode. But you are right that Phil himself does not contend that you misled him; and, of course, I was not a participant in the conversation between you and Phil.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Regards,
Bill
She was shagging Scooter?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Miller shagging Libby? Makes you wonder the timing of the release of Libby's bizarre novel. Mmmm?

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From an earlier draft...

"Judy, we were concerned to discover you and Mr. Libby were humping more than a army of camels."

"Ms. Miller, in your efforts it's clear there was more banging than a drum factory."

"You were fucking him, weren't you Judy? Weren't you?"

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fizt if I'm right shagging means ...... from Austin Powers right. If it is that sick. Libby is the dirtyest thing and Judith Miller has problems if she shagged Libby. But I can't stop thinking about that book and what he wrote. All these sicko's call themselves christians. What can of religious group are they. Evey day something new happens and its not good. I think Judith is up to her a.. in this mess and yes she was used but she used them too. Maybe Judith and Libby will write a book together and there are not enough xxx's for their can of stories. I'm getting tired I'll get back to you tomorrow.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PJF - I love it when you say "shagging." However, I think it was John Bolton who was shagging Judith Miller. Four visits? Can you say "conjugal"? I love it when you say "conjugal."

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home