Feb 5, 2006

Steelers Prevail...

and in their honor I will post the following list that someone forwarded to me:

You Know You're From or In Pennsylvania If:

You've never referred to Philadelphia as anything but "Philly." And New Jersey has always been "Jersey."

You refer to Pennsylvania as "PA" (pronounced Pee-ay). How many other states do that?

"You guys" is a perfectly acceptable reference to a group of men & women.

You know how to respond to the question "Djeetyet?" (Didyoueatyet?)

You learned to pronounce Bryn Mawr, Wilkes-Barre, Schuylkill, Bala Cynwyd, Duquesne, New Tripoli, Tunkhannock, Punxsutawney, Tamaqua, Susquehanna, Allegheny, and Monongahela.

You know what a "Mummer" is, and are disappointed if you can't catch at least highlights of the parade.

The first day of buck and the first day of doe season are school holidays.

You can use the phrase "fire hall wedding reception" and not even bat an eye.

You can't go to a wedding without hearing the "Chicken Dance," at least one Polka and either an Italian song (sung in Italian,) or "Hava Nagila."

At least 5 people on your block have electric "candles" in all or most of their windows all year long.

You know what a "Hex sign" is.

You know what a "State Store" is, and your out of state friends find it incredulous that you can't purchase liquor at the mini-mart.

You own only three condiments "salt, pepper and Heinz ketchup".

Words like "hoagie", "crick", "chipped ham", "sticky buns", "shoo-fly pie", "pierogies" and "pocketbook" actually mean something to you.

You can eat cold pizza (even for breakfast) and know others who do the same. (Those from NY find this "barbaric".)

You not only have heard of Birch Beer, but you know it comes in several colors: Red, White, Brown, Gold.

You know several places to purchase or that serve Scrapple, Summer Sausage.

8 Comments:

Blogger airJackie said...

Congratulations to all who along with Fitz supported the Steelers. Yes my team are good losers as we are when we win. Theres always next year. I hope this string of winning continues for Fitz as he fights for justice. I didn't really like the half time that much. I love the Rolling Stones but something was missing. To all enjoy your evening and remember it starts all over again Monday.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You can give directions to Intercourse with a straight face".

And yeah I guess sliding the ball over the goal line is OK now...

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh I'm not surprised with the win!

They really did good this year, that means we're going to have justice in the courts.

And I guess no attacks...since no neocons or lori neuer ended up trying to blow up the stadium...

As always I'll send my protection....the neocon zionist fascists and so forth are finished. They will no longer scapegoat good americans or people for their ridiculous crimes or the cartel....

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I see "Down the shore"?

AND when I did move to Ohio I was amazed that I could buy both cold pills and wine in the same aisle at CVS.

Good for the Steelers.. despite being an Eagles gal. :) Browns fan..

Alrighty... up for the libby man to start talking and letting the truth out.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was happy to see the Steelers win. Congrats to the people of Pittsburgh and the Rooneys. And thanks for not setting your town on fire.

But as far as the half-time show, I thought the Kitty Half-Time on Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl was far more exciting.

Watching the Stones made me sad and embarrassed to be a human being.

Mick Jagger has Sharon Stone arms. I'm sorry, but someone has to say it. Time for long sleeves, or three-quarter sleeves any way. Keith Richards moved like he needed a walker. Plus the sound mix was terrible.

Also, is "Satisfaction" a throwback or what? "When I'm watchin' my tv, and that man comes on to tell me, how white my shirts can be. Well he can’t be a man ’cause he doesn’t smoke the same cigarettes as me."

White shirts? Cigarettes on TV? Might as well be singing "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley." Or "Once I built a railroad, made it run."

What a drag it is getting old,

Saint Brigid

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bluewild, you are a wanker. ;)

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google it.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very weird, putting on my tin foil hat and drawing my blinds!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home