Dec 20, 2005

I Am A Sucker...

for show tunes, political satire and life imitating art.

People:
Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in Capital City!
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "B"
And that stands for Bush,
That stands for Bush.
We've surely got trouble!
Right here in Capital City,
Right here!
Gotta figger out a way
To keep the young ones moral after school!
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble...

Harold:
Mothers of Capital City!
Heed the warning before it's too late!
Watch for the tell-tale sign of corruption!
The moment your son leaves the house,
Does he rebuckle his knickerbockers below the knee?
Is there a nicotine stain on his index finger?
A dime novel hidden in the corn crib?
Is he starting to memorize jokes from Jon Daily?
Are certain words creeping into his conversation?
Words like 'stay the course?"
And 'so's your old man Cheney?"
Well, if so my friends,
Ya got trouble,
Right here in Capital City!
With a capital "T"
And that rhymes with "B"
And that stands for Bush.
We've surely got trouble!
Right here in Capital City!
Remember the Maine, Plymouth Rock,the Golden Rule and Jimmy Carter!
Oh, we've got trouble.
We're in terrible, terrible trouble.
That game with the 535 numbered seats is a devil's tool!
Oh yes we got trouble, trouble, trouble!
With a "T"! Gotta rhyme it with "B"!
And that stands for Bush!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger GrandmaNuk said...

Nice rhyme! Sounds like our favorite Special Prosecutor is going to be busy for a loooooooooonnnnggggg time. Too bad the DOJ doesn't have a volunteer support group. Probably would take an army to manage all of them. If you ever put one together....It's a long commute, but count me in.

11:32 AM  
Blogger GrandmaNuk said...

and "GO, BARBARA"!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous stonesoup said...

I say GO AWAY BARBARA! I'm speaking of the the evil queen mother

12:45 PM  
Blogger v from dc said...

Well PJF.
There's only one thing I can say after reading your little ditty here and including the 'B' word, Bush.

I LOVE YOU!

YOU GO MAN -- GO FOR THE GOLD!

I've been caught up today contacting the various credit bureaus after finding out my identity was stolen. No, I'm not V anything other than a nickname I got from my significant other while he was serving in Iraq.

Any who.
How are we able to keep a law-based system true, if the very people in the highest power in the land are
CROOKS!

We got
TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE

and PJF
You're just the person to take them DOWN.
That begins with D
and Rhymes with P!

5:18 PM  
Blogger bluewild said...

And that stands for President!

6:19 PM  
Blogger bluewild said...

(In keeping with the music man To be sung to the tune of Marian the librarian.)

Carrrr - ry on!
He'll get you barbarr -rians!

What can we say my dears
to make it clear
Libby, Cheney, Rumsfeld, don't forget Dubya - president of ya
Heavens helped us
We can see that their pants are on fire
Cause they are dastardly liars
And Fitzgerald will never tiiiiiiiiirrrrre

till'e wins!
You lying barbarians....

6:37 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Fitz,

Mr. Bush's explanation for spying on Americans and secret prisions/torture are grounds for IMPEACHMENT. Get ready for the impeachement hearings in 2006 and then you hear Bush singing: Problems in capitol city!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Special Prosecutor Biloxi said...

I'm just a bill.. Yes, I'm just a bill... I am sitting here on Capitol Hill... Bush makes up the laws as he goes...

But, here I am still just a bill...

7:59 PM  
Blogger bluewild said...

The sound of music;

How do you solve a problem like Dubya?

The Hill Is Alive
With The Sounds of Treason
With songs they have sung
for the past 6 years
I go to the Hill when my pockets are lonely
I know I can fill them
thru graft, war and fear

9:18 PM  
Anonymous aviation baby said...

Fitz- take one from Chess next time- you know One Night in Bangkok- "keep your head down over your peices brother"
"I get my kicks above the wasteline sunshine" oh, that's more appropriate for chi town. Well- nevermind. now I promise to go to bed aviation baby

3:06 AM  
Anonymous ex aviation baby said...

EVITA
"I don't care what the bougoursie say, I'm not in business for them, just to give a magical moment to my descamisados or two...
sister of government, quite incidental,

"how can you have no impossible dream?"
"why if I could live for a hundred years, who'd be delighted if I'd say I'd take on the worlds greatest problems, from war to pollution, with no solution, no hope, or solution even if I live for a thousand years...
oh, what I'd give for a hundred years, but the physical inteferes,
what is good of the strongest hearts in a body falling apart.,
A serious flaw I hope you know that.
where am I going to/
where do we go from here
some days are fine
have you ever seen me defeated/
Don't forget what I've been thru and yet...
I'll always be by your side. Truth Justice and the American way. 32 years last post
ex-aviation baby

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. fire alarm monitoring radio 1993 toyota runner prescription drugs change a brake light in a lexus car http://www.blood-pressure-monitor-6.info/Pre-fab-sauna-kits.html Supervisory management training wholesale furnitures floride

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home