Dec 9, 2005

This Is The End...

of a long and productive day and work week. Sometimes you just have to say "darn it" and take a night off from the office to keep your sanity and celebrate with a few pitchers of beer and your buds from the office.
Last night was one of those nights. A few co-workers and I decided to go to the new Lucky Strike bowling alley here in DC - the ONLY bowling alley within the city limits...messed up huh, Brooklyn?
Anyway, it was going to be the DOJ vs. some of the FBI agents we work with...yes, the same agents Libby and Rove lied to on several occasions (we are still busting their chops over that). As you may know, bowling is part skill, part luck and part psyching out your opponents with trash talk and mental intimidation. Having left my ball and lucky shoes in Chicago I was a little nervous about being rusty, but was determined to do my best so I wore:
  • my lucky sweats from Amherst College (torn knee, a few sentimental grass stains from rugby),
  • my lucky sleeveless (altered in 1983 by an ex-girlfriend after we saw Flashdance) New York Rangers Jersey (#2 - Brad Park), and
  • a jewel encrusted skull cap and gold chain (with wall clock) personally given to me by Flavor Flav for unofficially helping him and Public Enemy out of a free speech jam once.

The DOJ Ballbusters as we call ourselves were all ready to open a can of whoop ass on the G-men until we got there and I saw this! --->

Needless to say, after going home, changing and then going all the way back to Gallery Place my confidence had waned and I didn't do as well as I had hoped - bowling a 169, 198, and 220.

Today I sent for my shoes and ball and am looking for a real bowling alley in the suburbs that allows players and young brothers!

14 Comments:

Blogger airJackie said...

You made some of that up didn't you. If bowling relizes you thats good. I did bowl once but it just was my thing. I couldn't lit the bowling ball. But I got a lot of gutter bowls and don't ask my score. I'm glad your having a little fun.

8:09 PM  
Blogger KitNeill said...

Bowling is a lost art. Growing up in the Midwest it was the local teenage hangout. Learned to like fried onion rings and guys with greasy hair. (Age has dimmed both obsessions.)

Ah yes, the memories of a carefree and misspent youth.

Chug a pint in my name, Mr. Fitz.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Don't worry Jackie, the jewels are costume and the chain was plated, otherwise I would not have accepted the gift.

8:14 PM  
Blogger airJackie said...

Now I know your just making fun.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fitz, take the sweats and jersey to the dry cleaners, trust me!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a wanker.

8:58 PM  
Blogger airJackie said...

Bluewild

You go girl!!! Your right we are his best three DOJ scouts and he knows it. But we have to remind his sometimes. He gets busy.

10:31 PM  
Blogger airJackie said...

Is there any way that you can have an edit button when I mess up on my comments?

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe of the Lucky Strike sign. Washingon DC is sure is a hopping town. With all the restrictions of attire, you might as well gone bowling wearing your business attire... I haven't gone bowling in ages. I do bowl gutter balls...

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fitz,

There is no way that the picture is really Flavor Flav. I was a big fan of Public Enemy in the 80's. That man looked like Flavor Flav's father. And the big clock around that person's neck is definitely from the swapmeet. Flavor Flav wears more bling bling! That person who doesn't have a fish sandwich to his name is a wantabee....

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fitzgerald,

Watch Into the Blue movie and take a date or something...you will find out the real truth about the Khazar Zionists. It is a nasty little surprise....I guarantee you that...

They controlled Florida's columbian drug smuggle operation.....it was one heck of a film, perfect for the DOJ.

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is Flavor Flav at Biggie Smalls funeral in Vegas.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fitz,

Listen to Bluewild and the rest the PJF Flygirls! Give them women a signed autograph picture... And don't diss them!!!! If you can give free donuts and coffee to new employees, then you can give your dedicated DOJ scouts a photo of you. You may asking, who nm I? I am their attorney!!!!!!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hereto serve ypu, Bluewild, and the rest of the PJF fly girls. Keep up the momentum! I am doing this case pro bono. I am here to fight for justice, truth, and American way!! Cheers!

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home